STaGNaNCY

I am now stealing some of my working time to write for my blog. It is kind of bored when you keep on repeating same thing again and again. Therefore, the more routine the jobs get, the higher the chance for us to get bored and the fastest we look out for new job vacancies. As for myself, the tendencies of me changing my jobs is equivalent the tendencies of me to buy myself a pair of jeans (seldom bought myself jeans though), not frequent, but compare it with other people, I think I had quite a long number of employer (current count is 7 since I grad in 2002-more to come).

To be frank, the current job I am having is far the best I ever had. The reasons are simple; the company provides me with good salary, increment and bonus packages. I never get this kind of monetary benefits before (but still the total packages they offers are not as lucrative as some of the company e.g. Petronas, UMW and North Port as they provide other benefits such as medical, traveling and maternity). Beside the monetary benefits, I am also glad that my current job requires me not to stay at the office all the time. I do not like to be in the office all the time and also does not like to be away all the time. So, this job really fit my preferences.

However, after 2 years of working. I have found myself stuck. What I mean by stuck is in terms of knowledge. Stagnancy. I guess, everyone does encounter this problem after a year or so. Especially when you do a daily routine job. An ordinary person (not so fast or not so slow learner) will take 3-6 months to familiar and to know how to do their job. It will take 9-12 months to master the job. Therefore, once you know best about your job, you will become stagnant. This is when the HR come with job rotation, which is to ensure the employee are not bored and don’t leave the companies.

I have reached my stagnant period. I know best my job and can almost do my report in a blink of my eyes (depends on the mood too sometimes). Therefore, I guess, it is the best time for me to leave the company (no chance of job rotation or transferred to others department). The most I will wait is next year (quite difficult to get a good job nowadays). I still want to get my bonus, enjoy my increment and if I am fortunate, enjoy my promotion (I feel that I deserve my promotion).

6 Response to "STaGNaNCY"

  1. erolnukman says:
    May 18, 2009 at 10:39 PM

    allo abg cobain yg grunge..
    hehehe

  2. Dania says:
    May 18, 2009 at 11:53 PM

    i am in stagnancy as welll :)

  3. GRuNGe says:
    May 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM

    Erolnukman, thanks bro. Jemput la datang selalu. Kongsi-kongsi idea pasal genre musics.

    Dania, stangnancy tak per, dont pregnancy. :P

  4. Cik Lin says:
    May 19, 2009 at 7:56 AM

    it's true. that's y the most for me is 2 years in a place. unless i get promoted to do something else la. i wonder how people can do the same thing for years. otak tak beku ke?

    err.. can u edit the mixpod, so that it does not play automatically? bising la!! u know i don't like the music.

  5. GRuNGe says:
    May 19, 2009 at 6:51 PM

    Imm, don't really know how to do that.

  6. notso_violet : seindah bunga seri pagi says:
    May 20, 2009 at 1:44 AM

    da nasihat dah takyah letak lagu hakhak